Abacus Consult provide in-house simulation and modelling capabilities which form the underpinning of our integrated and environmental services designs.
We employ CIBSE accredited Low Carbon Energy Assessors to undertake detailed analysis of all aspects of building environmental performance including SAP, SBEM and dynamic LCEA modelling upto level 5.
We examine a building’s form, materials, orientation and surroundings and utilise industry standard software to create a detailed computer model. This is used to inform design decisions relating to factors such as:
- Thermal comfort
- Overheating and Solar shading
- Renewable Energy strategies
- HVAC systems selection, operation and control
- Passive design strategies
- Ventilation strategies, airflow and air temperatures
- Material choices and fabric design
- Design stage SBEM calculations
- Draft Energy Performance Certificates
- As Built SBEM/Part L compliance calculations
- Energy Performance Certificates and lodgement
- SAP calculations and assessment
Our modelling capabilities can inform design decisions from early stage strategy and feasibility studies through to the detailed fine tuning of ventilation rates to individual spaces.