The new build development comprised of a 22 storey tower which accommodates 240 student bedrooms and over 10,000 m2 of academic space divided over two teaching/administration blocks.
Abacus Consult carried out the detailed design of the mechanical and electrical services within the two teaching/administration blocks. Heating & cooling was provided via an open loop ground source heat pump system using bore holes connected to an underground lake.
- Location: Woodhouse Lane, Leeds
- Category: Education
- CTBUH Best Tall Buildings Awards 2010 - Best Tall Building Overall
- CTBUH Best Tall Buildings Awards 2010 - Best Tall Building in Europe
- RIBA Yorkshire Regional Awards 2010 - Shortlisted
- BCI Awards - Building Project 2010 - Shortlisted
- LEAF Emirates Awards 2010 - Best Mixed Use Building Award
- RIBA Award 2010
- Yorkshire Property Awards 2010 - Best Commercial Development
- Leeds Architecture Awards 2009 - Best New Building